Immunity turned into the most valuable possession overnight during a covid-19 pandemic. Everyone started quoting immunity, whether young, old, and even illiterate. People started looking back for natural ways to boost immunity and turning to Ayurveda-our-worthy old alternative medicine system.
Let me introduce this superfood as Giloy. Its scientific name is Tinospora cordifolia and is also known as Amrita in Sanskrit. Giloy is used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine and is called the “root of Immortality .”
My father, who is hale and hearty, of 74, uses Giloy in his daily diet. This herb has numerous health benefits. These are listed below:
- It is a powerhouse of antioxidants that fight free radicals and reduces risk of deadly diseases like cancer.
- Detoxification Giloy removes toxins from the body, purifies the blood and fights bacteria.
- Boosts Liver Function Giloy has the ability to detoxify your liver and help in proper functioning. It might also act as remedy for fatty liver. It also helps stimulate the regeneration of liver tissue that has been damaged.
- It is antipyretic and eases the symptoms of life-threatening fevers like dengue, swine flu, and malaria.
- It has anti-aging properties that help reduce dark spots, pimples, fine lines, and wrinkles. It gives you that flawless glowing skin.
- Arthritis: Giloy has anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties that can help treat symptoms of arthritis.
- Diabetes Giloy acts as a hypoglycemic agent and helps treat symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
- Boost Immunity It accord longevity, enhances memory, improves health, and bestows youth. This herb activates the body’s immune system, boosting immunity and promoting vitality in a person.
Different ways to Consume Giloy
- Have it with milk and ginger Giloy works wonders for joint pain when boiled with milk. The concoction, when combined with ginger, can treat rheumatism.
- Chew on Giloy stem We can chew its stem. This works great for people suffering from asthama.
- Giloy Juice Take some giloy stems and boil them in a glass of water until the water is reduced to half of its quantity. Strain the water and consume it daily. This juice will help purify your blood, removes toxins, and fight disease-causing bacteria.
- Improves eyesight Boil Giloy leaves in water. When it cools down, apply it on eyelids. It helps to enhance the clarity of vision.
You can quickly grow Giloy in your garden or keep it potted on your balcony. I have purchased the giloy plant from Amazon. It is readily available in nearby plant nurseries.Hirve Nursery Giloy Plant Pack of 2
Please feel free to give feedback about my blog. Don’t forget to share it if you like my blog.