Sun salutation is best if you want to lose weight fast at home. But don’t want to control diet, yes you still can lose weight—no need to worry about your diet. I’m also a foodie yet able to maintain a healthy weight.
I’m practicing yoga right from my childhood days, but it picked up after becoming a mom. In ways I never imagined, yoga revealed itself as a holistic journey, surpassing mere weight loss. It empowered me to fortify my body, embrace flexibility, and cultivate mindfulness. Following post-partum, it miraculously alleviated my enduring back pain, resolved my gut concerns, and harmonized my hormonal balance.
Friends, I’m sharing the benefits of, mother of all yoga poses, i.e., Sun-Salutation, which is best and most effective in losing weight without controlling your diet.
In Hindu mythology, the sun god is worshipped as the source of all life on earth. Everything that we eat, breath, and drink have an element of the sun in it. Life on earth would not be possible without the sun.
Doing one round of Surya Namaskar or Sun- Salutation burns approximately 13.90 calories. You can start by doing 12 sets of it and then increase it up to 108 times. By doing 108 times, you can lose 1500 calories, which is very effective in losing weight, which is sustainable also. You can lose weight fast if you do sun salutations for 108 times daily. You should not only concern with weight loss but also fitness also. This way you can lose weight also and fit too.
Be gentle on your body when you start doing yoga poses for weight reduction, don’t push yourself. Gradually, your body becomes flexible.
We should always try to find a sustainable way of losing weight. In the keto diet, dieticians don’t allow to eat carbohydrates. How many days can you go without having carbohydrates? Always take a balanced diet, but reduce the quantities of your meal.
Walking for one hour, you lose only 400-500 calories only. Surya Namaskar is an ideal workout regime to achieve weight loss without the pressure of stepping out to gyms. A perfect escape from your work-from-home routine, all you need to do is get onto the yoga mat with a smile. It takes only one hour to one hour 30 minutes to complete 108 rounds of sun-salutation.
I always go with sun salutation whenever I gain weight. What are you thinking? Don’t waste time; start your day with these yoga poses. You can achieve your quarantine fitness goal with the sun salutation. It has been tried and tested by experts throughout the centuries.
Surya Namaskar constitutes a set of 12 intensive yoga asanas that have an extraordinary impact on both your mental and physical health. It is a complete body workout that forms the foundation of power yoga and promotes weight loss.
When you lose weight by doing Sun Salutation, your body gets toned up, unlike by Keto-diet and Intermittent fasting in which your skin and body become loose, and you look older.
No one can guarantee you that if you use this product, you can lose weight quickly. Keep yourself away from FAD diets. These things cause severe side effects.
30-minutes workout calorie meter in Sun Salutation
How many calories are you burning in your 30-minute workout?
Eager to try out Sun Salutation for weight loss? If you are new to Yoga, consult your doctor first and then do Yoga in the presence of a Yoga Expert. Always practice the Sun-Salutation empty stomach and do warm up poses before stating it and conclude it with Shavasana or Corpse Pose.
Benefits of Sun-Salutation:
- Helps in weight loss
- Tones your muscles
- Keeps blood sugar and blood pressure in check
- Increases agility
- Improves digestive and nervous systems
- Regulates blood circulation
- Regulates menstrual cycles
- It enables you to calm down and resist stress
- Detoxifies the body, mind, and soul
- It gives you a glowing skin
The Significance of Incorporating Sun Salutation into a Weight Loss Journey
Sun salutation, also known as Surya Namaskar, is a popular yoga practice that consists of a series of postures performed in a flowing sequence. It is often used as a warm-up or full-body exercise routine. While it may not directly cause weight loss on its own, it can be an important component of a comprehensive weight loss program for several reasons:
- Full-body Workout: Sun salutation engages multiple muscle groups and joints in the body. It includes forward bends, backward bends, lunges, and stretches, providing a comprehensive workout for various parts of the body.
- Increased Metabolism: The dynamic nature of sun salutation helps increase heart rate and stimulates the metabolic rate. This can lead to improved calorie burning throughout the day, which is beneficial for weight loss.
- Improved Flexibility and Strength: Regular practice of sun salutation helps improve flexibility and strength in various muscle groups. This can enhance overall physical fitness and make other forms of exercise more effective.
- Enhanced Circulation: The practice involves a combination of deep breathing and movement, which helps improve blood circulation. Better circulation can facilitate the transport of nutrients and oxygen to cells, aiding in the body’s metabolic processes.
- Stress Reduction: Sun salutation incorporates controlled breathing techniques, which can help calm the mind and reduce stress levels. Lower stress levels can contribute to better overall health and potentially assist in weight management.
- Balances Hormones: Regular practice of sun salutation can help regulate hormonal imbalances in the body. Hormones play a significant role in metabolism, appetite, and fat storage, so achieving hormonal balance can be beneficial for weight management.
- Increased Awareness of Body and Eating Habits: Engaging in a mindful practice like sun salutation can increase awareness of one’s body and its needs. This heightened awareness may lead to more mindful eating habits, which can be crucial for effective weight loss.
- Consistency and Discipline: Establishing a routine that includes sun salutation encourages regular exercise and promotes a sense of discipline. Consistency in physical activity is essential for achieving and maintaining weight loss goals.
- Aids Digestion: The combination of stretches and controlled breathing in sun salutation can help stimulate the digestive system. This can lead to better digestion and absorption of nutrients, which can support overall health and weight management.
- Promotes Mind-Body Connection: Sun salutation encourages a connection between the mind and body through breath awareness and movement. This can lead to a more holistic approach to health, including a balanced approach to exercise and nutrition.
It’s important to note that while sun salutation can be a valuable component of a weight loss program, it is most effective when combined with a balanced diet, regular cardiovascular exercise, and other forms of strength training. Additionally, it’s advisable to consult with a healthcare provider or fitness professional before starting any new exercise regimen, especially if you have existing health concerns or medical conditions.
Steps in Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation
These people should avoid doing sun salutation
While Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) is a beneficial practice for many people, there are certain individuals who should exercise caution or avoid it altogether. It’s important to consult a healthcare professional or a qualified yoga instructor before starting any new exercise regimen, especially if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Pregnant Women: Pregnant women should be cautious with certain poses in Sun Salutation, particularly deep backbends and poses that involve lying on the stomach. It’s best to seek guidance from a qualified prenatal yoga instructor who can provide appropriate modifications.
- People with High Blood Pressure: Individuals with uncontrolled high blood pressure should approach Sun Salutation with caution, especially during intense or rapid sequences. They may need to modify or skip certain poses and focus on gentle movements and breathing exercises.
- Recent Surgery or Injuries: If you have recently undergone surgery or have specific injuries, especially in the back, neck, shoulders, or knees, you should avoid Sun Salutation or perform modified versions under the guidance of a healthcare professional or experienced yoga instructor.
- Severe Joint Issues: People with severe joint problems, such as advanced arthritis, should be cautious with weight-bearing poses and deep stretches. It’s important to work with a healthcare provider or yoga instructor who can suggest appropriate modifications.
- Chronic Health Conditions: Those with chronic health conditions like heart disease, respiratory disorders, or any other serious medical condition should consult their healthcare provider before starting a new exercise routine like Sun Salutation. Modifications may be necessary.
- Vertigo or Balance Issues: Individuals who experience vertigo or have difficulty with balance should be cautious when performing poses that involve rapid changes in position, such as going from standing to forward bending.
- Recent Abdominal Surgery: People who have had recent abdominal surgery, particularly procedures involving the intestines or abdominal organs, should avoid deep stretches or pressure on the abdominal area. They should consult their healthcare provider for appropriate guidance.
- Glaucoma: Certain inverted positions in Sun Salutation can increase intraocular pressure, which may be problematic for individuals with glaucoma. They should avoid these positions or perform modified versions.
- Menstruating Women: Some yoga traditions suggest that women avoid intense or inverted poses during menstruation. It’s important for menstruating women to listen to their bodies and modify their practice as needed.
- Children and Adolescents: While children and adolescents can benefit from yoga, Sun Salutation may need to be modified for their growing bodies. It’s best to have them practice under the guidance of an experienced yoga instructor.
Remember, it’s crucial to consult with a healthcare provider or qualified yoga instructor who can provide personalized advice based on your individual health and fitness level. They can suggest modifications or alternative practices that are safe and appropriate for your specific circumstances.
Success Stories of weight loss through Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations
The internet is already flooded with powerful weight loss stories to inspire you to start your journey. Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Zareen Khan are a few Bollywood celebrities that swear by this natural way to weight loss. Shilpa Shetty Kundra and Baba Ramdev are the most prominent advocates of Sun Salutations.
Yes, you can. Reduce the quantity of rice and eat boiled rice instead of polished rice.
You don’t have to skip the meal to lose weight, but reduce the quantities of your snacks. Skipping a meal may lead to acidity problems.
Try for one month first, I’m sure you will lose your fat without the tension of diet control. Would you mind sharing with me your feedback? You can also share your weight control regime if had any.