WHO has declared Coronavirus as Pandemic. We shouldn’t get panic with this new virus. I’m sharing few precautions shared by WHO and renowned doctors which if followed helps us to fight Coronavirus.
Symptoms of Coronavirus The virus can cause pneumonia-like symptoms. Those who have fallen ill have reported to suffer coughs, fever and breathing difficulties. Please rush to doctor if you notice such symptoms. In severe cases there can be organ failure. As this is viral pneumonia, antibiotics are of no use. Recovery depends on the strength of the immune system.
Prevention is better than cure
Maintain 1m distance from people. Don’t shake hands to greet your friends instead say Namaste.
Maintain hygiene The best way to protect yourself against the new Coronavirus is by frequently cleaning your hands with sanitizer or washing them with soap and water. By doing this you eliminate virus that may be on your hands and avoid infections that could occur by then touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
Avoid crowd It would be advisable to avoid gatherings. If going out and get in touch with people is necessary then wear N95 mask or surgical mask. Those masks can effectively prevent virus. Often wash your hands. Immunity is the best weapon against virus now, so keep your immunity system in good status.
When to use mask
People are unnecessarily purchasing masks in black to save from the virus. Friends if you are healthy you don’t need to wear mask. If you are taking care of a person with suspected Covid 19 then you need to wear mask.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective when used in combination with frequent hand cleaning with alcohol based hand rub or soap and water.
- Covid 19 can be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates No It can be transmitted in all areas.
- Taking a hot bath doesn’t prevent the new Coronavirus disease
- The new Coronavirus cannot be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Are hand dryers effective in killing the new Coronavirus? No
- Can an ultraviolet disinfection lamp kill the new Coronavirus? No
- How effective are thermal scanners in detecting people infected with the new Coronavirus? These scanners can detect fever in people which may be due to virus.
- Can spraying alcohol or chlorine all over the body kill the new Coronavirus? No. As virus has already entered your body.
- Do vaccines against pneumonia protect you against the new Coronavirus? No. The virus is so new and different that it needs its own vaccine.
- Can regularly rinsing your nose with saline help prevent infection with the new Coronavirus?
- Can eating garlic help prevent infection with the new Coronavirus? Garlic is a healthy food that may have some antimicrobial properties. This is not effective against the new virus.
- Does the new Coronavirus affect older people,or are younger people also susceptible? People of all ages can be affected by the new Coronavirus. Older people and people with pre existing medical conditions (such as asthma,diabetes,heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
- Are antibiotics effective in preventing and the treating the new Coronavirus? No, antibiotics do not work against viruses. If you are hospitalised you may receive antibiotics because bacterial co infection is possible.
- Are there any specific medicines to prevent or treat the new Coronavirus? There is no specific medicine recommended to treat the new virus.
Develop Immune System If our immune system is strong we can easily defeat Coronavirus. For this we have to take balanced diet, exercise, yoga.
Hope you will like my post. Please give feedback on my blog post. You can give suggestions to motivate me.
2 thoughts on “How we can defeat corona virus”