Reducing dietary salt is not only important for those who already have elevated blood pressure – limiting added salt is essential for all of us to remain in good healthJoel Fuhrman
Billions of people in the world are suffering from blood pressure and few years back my blood pressure also get elevated. I would like to share my experiences that how I controlled my blood pressure without medicines. In this blog I will share with you about certain fruits that helped me a lot in regulating my blood pressure. In next blog I will share what activities or exercises helped me overcome the blood pressure because I don’t want you to get bored by reading long blogs.
Consuming fruits that are high in potassium can help to decrease blood pressure. Getting enough potassium is almost as important as decreasing sodium intake for the treatment of high Blood pressure. My main focus was on these 7 fruits which helped me in reducing my blood pressure.
- Apricots. Rich in potassium with low sodium content which helps in maintaining healthy blood pressure.
- Avocado It is rich in mineral magnesium in addition to potassium which is important for lowering high blood pressure. Half a medium avocado contains 549mg potassium which is more than the potassium content of banana.
- Banana An average sized banana contains about 400mg of potassium and only 1mg of sodium. High potassium and low sodium helps in regulating Blood Pressure.
- Cantaloupe It contains potassium, vitamin C and choline which helps in regulating blood pressure.
- Oranges. This fruit is best known for its high vitamin C content. It has 326mg of potassium with almost no sodium.
- Grapefruit Bioflavonoids contents found in grapefruit helps in regulating blood pressure.
- Melons It contains high content of potassium. These are also rich in vitamin A and C.
Please note I’m not medically trained. I have written this blog on the basis of how I treated myself to control my blood pressure by consulting doctors and internet surfing.
Friends hope you will like my blog and try to take these fruits. Please do comment as which fruits you take on daily basis. I always welcome your feedback as it motivates me. Please correct me if I’m wrong somewhere.
4 thoughts on “Fruits that helps maintain your blood pressure”
Very good post. Highly informative and nicely written. Keep up the good work.
Thanks a lot for the motivation Cedric