Diabetes accounts for more deaths in worldwide are completely preventable by making comprehensive lifestyle changes without drugs or surgery.Dean Ornish
What is type 2 diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes know as insulin resistance. Insulin allows the glucose from a person’s food to access the cells in their body to supply energy. Insulin resistance is usually occurs due to:
- A person has genes or an environment that make it more likely that they are unable to make enough insulin to cover how much glucose they eat.
- The body tries to make extra insulin to process the excess blood glucose.
- The pancreas cannot keep up with the increased demands, and the excess blood sugar starts to circulate in the blood, causing damage.
- Overtime, insulin becomes less effective at introducing glucose to cells, and blood sugar levels continue to rise.
In the case of type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance takes place gradually. This is why doctors often recommend making lifestyle changes in an attempt to slow or reverse this cycle.
Now we should think that how we can control our weight so that Insulin starts its function in normal way and start controlling the blood sugar level. This is a matter of concern to people who became addicted to their sedentary lifestyles and wrong food habits.
Most people blame their genes. But friends such excuses will only worsen your situation. If you really want to get rid of diabetes start leading a disciplined life. It should be the combination of workouts and a healthy diet. Diabetes brings loss of a decade in our age.
When we start losing fat say 10 to 14 kilograms ( 22 to 31 pounds) the fat within the organs gets used up and the organs can start normal functioning. As a result, the insulin producing cells in our pancreas are able to respond more quickly to the sugar in our bloodstream, keeping the blood sugar levels normal.
As long as we lose 15 percent of our body weight we can reverse our diabetes, according to Dr Taylor.
How we can control our weight
- Get rid of animal product diet ie go vegan.
- Include low fat diet.
- Practice yoga.
- Lots of exercise and more active lifestyle.
- Eat food which has low glycemic index. The glycemic index is a relative ranking of carbohydrates in food. Carbohydrates with low GI( 55 or less) are more slowly digested, absorbed and metabolised and cause slow rise in glucose.
- For 4 months you should try these. Don’t stop taking your medication. If you strictly follow these ideas I’m sure you don’t have to take any medicines any more. You should also undergo regular blood tests done to ensure your progress.
According to Dr Neal Barnard we can reverse Type 2 diabetes. It depends on how you want to lead your life.
Superfoods for diabetes
- Non starchy vegetables
They include everything from artichokes and asparagus to broccoli and beets. These are low in calories and carbohydrates.
Whether eaten raw or cooked, tomatoes are full of lycopene.
- Blueberries and other berries
- Oranges and other citrus
- Walnuts, flaxseeds, and other nuts and seeds
- Kale and other leafy green vegetables
If you follow these steps you will get rid of diabetes forever.
Hope you will get lots of benefits from my post. Please give feedback on this post. If you life it don’t forget to share it.
Disclaimer This post is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor before making any changes in your medications.